The Unofficial Eiffel 65 Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Unofficial Eiffel 65 Forum

A forum for Eiffel 65 fans to discuss aspects of the group, and music in general./ Un forum per i fan Eiffel 65 per discutere gli aspetti del gruppo, e la musica in generale.

2 posters

Eiffel 65 first performance on tv

Soundwave65
    Soundwave65

Eiffel 65 first performance on tv Empty Eiffel 65 first performance on tv

Post by Soundwave65 Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 am

Finally on youtube, the first performance of Eiifel 65 performing blue at Festiivalbar in july 1999, Ostuni!

This is where it all began!!

Nel Blu
    Nel Blu
    Admin

Eiffel 65 first performance on tv Empty Re: Eiffel 65 first performance on tv

Post by Nel Blu Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Soundwave65 wrote:Finally on youtube, the first performance of Eiifel 65 performing blue at Festiivalbar in july 1999, Ostuni!

Great find, Soundwave! It is very interesting to see the first Festivalbar performance! You can tell Gianfranco finds it a little awkward to lip-sync at first, but it feels more natural once the crowd starts singing along.

It was also interesting to hear the small piece that was put into the end; the chorus of the song with a vocal effect added in. One of the hosts of the festival called them "Eiffel 69", and the female host instantly corrected him. "NO, EIFFEL 6-5!".

Haha, if you are Italian, you should have known what number the group's name ended with by the time it was 1999. Very Happy
    Soundwave65
    Soundwave65

Post by Soundwave65 Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Nel Blu wrote:
    Soundwave65 wrote:Finally on youtube, the first performance of Eiifel 65 performing blue at Festiivalbar in july 1999, Ostuni!

Great find, Soundwave! It is very interesting to see the first Festivalbar performance! You can tell Gianfranco finds it a little awkward to lip-sync at first, but it feels more natural once the crowd starts singing along.

It was also interesting to hear the small piece that was put into the end; the chorus of the song with a vocal effect added in. One of the hosts of the festival called them "Eiffel 69", and the female host instantly corrected him. "NO, EIFFEL 6-5!".

Haha, if you are Italian, you should have known what number the group's name ended with by the time it was 1999. Very Happy

Since this is the first performance they ever did, I don't blame him to find it akward to lip-sync the song hehehe! But the performances they did later in Germany and other countries he got better with it Very Happy

Yes, the end was so interesting and so cool, specially how they all posed!

Hehehehe yes he said Eiffel 69 by accident, that should be very embarrasing for him Very Happy

Nel Blu
    Nel Blu
    Admin

Post by Nel Blu Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Soundwave65 wrote:Since this is the first performance they ever did, I don't blame him to find it akward to lip-sync the song hehehe! But the performances they did later in Germany and other countries he got better with it Very Happy

Yes, the end was so interesting and so cool, specially how they all posed!

Hehehehe yes he said Eiffel 69 by accident, that should be very embarrasing for him Very Happy

He did get better with lip-syncing... a lot better. I imagine it is actually quite difficult to lip-sync in front of thousands of people. You have to show extra confidence, so it doesn't appear to the crowd that you are totally "faking it". I am fully sure that Eiffel 65 would have done anything to perform the song live, but rules are rules; Festivalbar had a lip-sync rule back then.

I've heard people call them Eiffel 64, Eiffel 54, Eiffel 69 - the list goes on. But yes, it is always embarrassing when you say a group's name wrong right in front of them, haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:57 pm